New TV Ad Demands Congressman Holding Stop Voting to Raise Healthcare Costs
NEW TV AD DEMANDS CONGRESSMAN HOLDING STOP VOTING TO RAISE HEALTHCARE COSTS AND EXCLUDE PEOPLE WITH PREEXISTING CONDITIONS
Second Six-Figure Advertising Buy Begins Today
Raleigh, NC – North Carolinians For a Fair Economy has today launched a second round of television advertising questioning Congressman George Holding’s support of policies that are wreaking havoc on our healthcare system and the people he is supposed to be representing.
This past week, Trump/Holding/GOP added to its endless sabotage to the Affordable Care Act (ACA) with the news that funding for enrollment assistance (navigators) was slashed by 70 percent or $26 million. The additional damage to date:
- Proposal to exclude preexisting conditions (315,100 individuals) live with a preexisting condition)
- Repeal of the Individual Mandate (makes insurance pool older and sicker)
- Push temporary, short-term, limited-duration plans with inadequate coverage
- Almost completely ended outreach and advertising so enrollment would decrease
- Massive premium increases (by an additional $1,433) to pay for the #TrumpHoldingTaxScam to benefit billionaires and millionaires
The 30-second spot, “Reading” calls on Congressman Holding to stop his efforts to sabotage the health care system that so many working families in North Carolina 2nd Congressional District rely upon.
The initial ad buy of $237,000+ will run from July 16th through July 29th on all of the major broadcast stations in the Raleigh media market.
The new ad, “Reading” can be viewed here.